Saturday, April 11, 2015

WHY YOUR CRITICS AREN'T THE ONES WHO COUNT

IF YOU'RE NOT IN THE ARENA, ALSO GETTING YOUR ASS KICKED, I'M NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR OPINION

There is nothing more frightening than the moment we expose our ideas to the world. Author and vulnerability researcher Brené Brown shows us how to deal with the critics and our own self-doubt by refusing to "armor up" and shut ourselves off. "Not caring what people think," she says, "is its own kind of hustle."

Instead we must "reserve a seat" for the critics and our own self-doubt. "Tell them, I see you, I hear you, but I'm going to do this anyway." 

Shame, scarcity and comparison always have a seat. LET THEM GO




I am sick of waiting. I have written 4 books, and yet I am still scared to show get my work out to the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment