After a bizarre few years hiding from a stalker, going through a divorce, raising children and going underground to write, I finally came out of hiding this year.
I'm looking for a new packaging agent and manager for several properties I'm producing. Have 5 shows, 3 scripts and 5 books in the thriller, comedy and feminist genres.
Cornell has been invited to contribute her writings to The International Museum of Peace, which houses letters from Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Mother Teresa, Maya Angelou & Sir Edmund Hillary.
- With 20-34 million viewers Tuesday nights on ABC primetime, AFI Best Actress nominee and People's Choice Award winner Lydia Cornell grew up in America’s living rooms as the star of ABC's hit series Too Close For Comfort opposite TV legend Ted Knight’s (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Caddyshack) virginal daughter Sara Rush.
- Currently in talks with Dancing with the Stars, her show is back on TV daily in 84 million homes on Tribune Broadcasting’s new comedy channel Antenna TV, on WGN and in top markets nationwide.
- Starred in HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm with Larry David; Kelsey Grammer Comedy Hour; Host of Variety’s Power of Comedy with Russell Brand, Helen Mirren, Aziz Ansari, Dylan McDermott and Sarah Silverman. In July 2014, starred on stage at the Whitefire Theatre in Hollywood Shorts with Hallmark Channel’s Mark Steines.
- Cornell’s fan base exploded last fall when she shot onto Google’s Top Trends and Yahoo! Finance News’ Most Viewed News Stories right behind William Buffet. Yahoo! Finance News: Lydia Cornell interviews World Leaders, Pulitzer Prize Winners, White House and Presidential Candidates for new morning drive AM radio show
- Lydia is known for her voice; has her own national radio show with MTV stars, Hell’s Kitchen chefs and CLNS Sports network which was nominated for a 2013 Stitcher Award. She starred in Hagar the Horrible and booked dozens of commercials before Abrams Rubaloff disbanded. She stopped to raise children, write and produce.
- Lydia currently co-stars with Robert Downey, Jr., Steven Tyler, Jon Bon Jovi and Gary Oldman in “Me, Miami and Nancy” new indie winner of Park City Film Festival, and in acclaimed director Jordan Alan’s Cats Dancing on Jupiter with The Mentalist’s Amanda Rhigetti
- Cornell is now a mother, teen mentor, women and children’s advocate, talk show host, author, award-winning writer, blogger.She recently spoke at Texas A&M on overcoming domestic violence and did a documentary for Safe Passage, a battered women’s shelter.
- Buzz: In talks with Dancing With the Stars and is producing a top-secret show for a network.
- She received the USO Distinguished Service Award for Beirut war zone trip.
- Too Close for Comfort has been in worldwide syndication for 25 years.
- Venus Conspiracy – written and directed by Lydia Cornell, costarring Deborah Van Valkenburgh, who played her sister on Too Close for Comfort
- Pain is Inevitable, Sex Optional – on stage in her original three-woman show
- Political Voices of Women Best Writing Awards ~ World Report Award, Thinking Blogger Award; Weblog Award and Double Koufax Nominee.
- Standup: Improv, Laugh Factory, Las Vegas at the Riviera, Sahara; opening for Paul Rodriguez at Pechanga 1500 seat theater
- Cornell has written over 350 articles on politics, women’s issues, pop culture, spirituality, religion, sex, divorce. Has written an international thriller on the Trotsky assassination
- Known for her knife-sharp humor on HBO, in standup comedy concerts, and on morning-drive radio, Cornell has been called: “A fresh voice; one of the most original voices in America today.”
- Credits: Guest starred in Quantum Leap, Full House A-Team, Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard, Full House, Quantum Leap; Hunter; Simon & Simon; Love Boat (5) Fantasy Island; Hotel (2); Hardball; The Red Tide with Oscar winners James Earl Jones and Jose Ferrer and Lila Kedrova.
- Teen Mentor - Mentors teens; Hosts “The Answer Room” for troubled youth. Volunteers with sons for Red Cross, Imagine L.A., homeless children, and houses a domestic abuse survivor.
- Raised sons, including a special-needs child with Osteogenesis Imperfecta (brittle bone disease)
- Public speaker on Domestic Violence; hosting Oxygen Network Safe Passage documentary on battered women.
- TMZ: Lydia Cornell was the first celebrity profiled this year on TMZ. “In the '80s, Lydia Cornell became famous as Ted Knight's blonde daughter on the TV series Too Close for Comfort. Guess what she looks like now? “Fergie from Black Eyed Peas!”
- Had a hilarious feud with Ann Coulter; Interviewed Elizabeth and John Edwards.
- Lydia interviewed Pulitzer Prize Winners, White House advisers, presidential candidates, Senators, Congressmen and women, and bestselling authors for her award-winning radio show
- Founder of Comedy Dance Film Festival co-sponsored by Saturday Night Live alum Jon Lovitz, in conjunction with CityWalk Universal in 2011 (*TBA)
- Lydia Cornell's blog - a triple Koufax nominee for best writing, recipient of the Thinking Blogger Award and winner of the Freedom Award and three World Report Awards, is “a consistently thought-provoking firecracker of pointed socio-political commentary and observant, caustic wit.” (Yahoo News; Shotgun Reviews.)