Lydia Cornell will be appearing at the Hollywood Show, January 4th and 5th, 2014 at the Loew's Hotel / Hollywood and Highland, Hollywood California.
About Lydia Cornell
• In talks with Dancing with the Stars
• Received the USO Distinguished Service Award for Beirut war zone trip.
• Google Hot Trends: What is Popular What is Hot: Lydia Cornell in Google's top 100 trends for October, November 2008. Cornell has written over 250 spiritual-political articles on government, politics, the election, sex and religion.
• Breaking Yahoo! News: Too Close for Comfort actress Lydia Cornell interviews world leaders, presidential candidates and Pulitzer Prizewinners for new radio show http://www.lydiacornell.com/yahoocached.pdf
• In January 2009, Lydia Cornell was the first celebrity of 2009 profiled on TMZ. “In the '80s, Lydia Cornell became famous as Ted Knight's blonde daughter on the TV series Too Close for Comfort. Guess what she looks like now? “Fergie from Black Eyed Peas!”
• Had a feud with Ann Coulter; Interviewed Elizabeth and John Edwards.
• Sundance Film: Lydia Co-stars with Robert Downey Jr., Gary Oldman, Malcolm McDowell, Jon Bon Jovi, Sarah Silverman in the indie Me, Miami and Nancy; Stars in new indie release Damage Done.
• Founder of Comedy Dance Film Festival with Saturday Night Live alum Jon Lovitz, in conjunction with Universal Studios in 2011.
• Known for her knife-sharp humor on HBO, in standup comedy concerts, and on morning-drive radio, Cornell has been called: “A fresh voice; one of the most original voices in America today.”
• Author of new book series: Falling Up; Raising Aliens (Life with Boys); Living with a Neanderthal. First of 5 upcoming books in her upcoming humor book series.
• Lydia Cornell's blog - a triple Koufax nominee for best writing, recipient of the Thinking Blogger Award and winner of the Freedom Award and three World Report Awards, is “a consistently thought-provoking firecracker of pointed socio-political commentary and observant, caustic wit.” (Yahoo News; Shotgun Reviews.)
• Host of Oxygen Network documentary “Safe Passage” on battered women.
• Too Close for Comfort has been in worldwide syndication for over 25 years and recently began airing again on WGN and in top markets nationwide.
• Has been invited to contribute her writings to The International Museum of Peace, which houses letters from Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Mother Teresa, Maya Angelou & Sir Edmund Hillary
• Stars in her original three-woman show: Pain is Inevitable, Sex Optional.
• Political Voices of Women Best Writing Awards ~ World Report Award, Thinking Blogger Award; Weblog Award and Double Koufax Nominee.
• Standup Comedy ~ Improv, Laugh Factory, Las Vegas at the Riviera, Sahara; opening for Paul Rodriguez at Pechanga 1500 seat theater
• Radio Show Co-Host www.BashamandCornell.com KLAV 1250 AM morning drive Las Vegas' New Entertainment talk show
• Teen Mentor - Mentors teens; Hosts “The Answer Room” for troubled youth. Volunteers with sons for Red Cross, Imagine L.A., homeless children, and houses a domestic abuse survivor.
• Raising a special-needs child with Osteogenesis Imperfecta (brittle bone disease)
• From - Yahoo! Finance News: Lydia Cornell interviews World Leaders, Pulitzer Prize Winners and Presidential Candidates for new Radio Show Recently interviewed Pulitzer Prize Winners, White House advisers, presidential candidates, Senators, Congressmen and women, and bestselling authors.
"Lydia Cornell is an award-winning actress, writer, comedienne, and talk-radio host best known for her role as "Sara Rush” - Ted Knight's dazzlingly beautiful yet stereotypically dumb blonde daughter on ABC's '80s hit sitcom, “Too Close for Comfort.” Lydia starred in over 250 TV shows & films including Curb Your Enthusiasm, Full House, Dukes of Hazzard, Knight Rider, A-Team, Hunter, Hardball, Hotel (2), Love Boat (6), Fantasy Island, T.J. Hooker and the pilot of the cult series Quantum Leap with Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell. She signed hundreds of autographs at their convention earlier this year in Los Angeles. She co-starred with three Oscar winners James Earl Jones, Jose Ferrer and Lila Kedrova in The Red Tide, shot in the Greek Isles.
John Conley, a disabled Marine combat vet, sent her his Purple Heart for her courage in standing up to Ann Coulter's 'extermination speak' in her article “Death is Sexier than Sex.”
Cornell is a Synesthete and has Synesthesia, a growing population of gifted artists, including John Mayer and David Hockney, who see colors when hearing sounds, and see numbers and letters in color. The World Symposium on Synesthesia convened in Belgium last year.
She started experiencing 11:11 in 1994, when everything changed in her life.
Lydia won the People's Choice Award, was a Best Actress nominee at Method
Fest for her leading role in the AFI film "Miss Supreme Queen". She recently co-starred with Larry David on HBO's “Curb Your Enthusiasm” and is in the new indie film “Damage Done.” www.LydiaCornell.com
Lydia Cornell and Larry David HBO’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm” The Christ Nail episode
Latest photos from the week of November 11-18
|At Comics on the Spot at the Warehouse, Marina del Rey on November 11|
watching the hilarious Brett Walkow!
|at Preventing Abuse Foundation Gala at Galpin Motors with Tony Nassif and Mell Flyn .|