This is a no-brainer
1. Gays exist. Gay people exist in society and in nature. This is not a choice. No one decides to be "straight" Whether one is gay or straight is not a decision that is consciously made.
2. Gays are human
3. Therefore gays deserve the same civil rights all humans have.
Why shouldn't Elton John be allowed to sanctify his life-partner relationship with a legitimate marriage ceremony?
Why Many "Old Testament" Christians Are Wrong on Gay MarriageDo you honestly think gay people don't exist? Do you think Elton John is just a court jester, trained seal — a musical genius-entertainer put on earth just for your listening pleasure? Does he have no right to a personal life? Is he a slave, here to simply entertain others with his musical genius? Why shouldn't Elton John be allowed to sanctify his life-partner relationship with a legitimate marriage ceremony? Why would you deny any human being the same rights you have? Why is his personal life your business? How arrogant! How inhumane!
1. Christ said: "Leave judgment and vengeance to God.
2. Christ said: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
2. Christ said: "My Kingdom is of the spirit, not the flesh. (Meaning he couldn't have cared less about human mortal laws, Kosher laws, laws of the flesh, having to do with sfood or clothing or sexuality. He had nothing to say about legalistic, pharisaical laws. All He cared about was "how much love is in our hearts; how we treat our fellow man. And how we treat the "least among you" (the poor, the widow, and the orphan.)
4. Christ brought the NEW LAW in the New Testament: the Law of Love. Read his Sermon on the Mount. In fact, without the New Law of Love, the Ten Commandments don't make mjuch sense and are too hard to follow. Why not commit adultery? Why not kill? If you are motivated by loving your neighbor and your fellow man as much as you love yourself, you automatically won't want to kill or hurt anyone else.
5. Christ was never bothered by anything EXCEPT the pharisees (the religious leaders) and money-changers (greed.) The power brokers or religious leaders with their hypocritical, hollow, cruel laws and dogmatic rules that oppressed the poor. They took all the heart out of life. They made rules that hurt people, such as "No healing on the Sabbath. It offends God!" LOL. All Christ cared about was how you treated your neighbor, your fellow man and those less fortunate. Like a drop of water in the ocean, we are at one with Source of Love.
ON LOVE, MARRIAGE AND HOMOPHOBIA
"I'm a little surprised to find that living in a climate of wider acceptance for same-sex relationships also makes a huge difference in my personal happiness level. In a hostile climate it really is challenging to sidestep the trap of internalized homophobia, and we fall into patterns that reinforce the stereotypes (e.g., gay relationships don't last).
Practically my whole life I have felt subtle, subconscious feelings of being less deserving of love and companionship because I'm not part of the "norm". So, normalizing same sex relationships to the point of pushing for equal marriage rights actually feels like the right thing to do - even though it's scary, and I've had mixed feelings about it, politically.
In truth, I guess it didn't seem important enough so long as I wasn't in a relationship I felt was worth fighting for. Or maybe I was simply resigned to settling for outsider status -- like a kid with her nose pressed up against the glass, outside looking in at all the happy couples, all the while covering up her wistfulness with a smug refusal to participate in the bourgeois dance of the "breeders". A rebel, not an outsider, or so I thought. As if that was going to get me anywhere!
I think maybe because of these subconscious beliefs I was (as many of us were) choosing to be in relationships that I knew were only temporary. As society moves toward embracing love and coupling and marriage for all, I think we'll see a healthier, stabilizing effect on society as a whole. Happy people make for a happy, productive society. None of us is free so long as some are still unfree, I think the saying goes - as in, life, liberty and the pursuit of said happiness.
Now that I'm getting happier and healthier and more emotionally sober I've been able to choose to let love in fully, to really allow myself to love and be loved unconditionally. It's a miraculous and beautiful journey - from darkness to light, from ignorance to self-knowledge. I know there are lots of haters out there, but the sole fact that as a society we are participating in a dialogue at all is eons from where we were when I first came out of the closet in 1978 - not to mention the pre-Stonewall days of the "love that dare not speak its name"."
IF YOU'RE AGAINST GAY MARRIAGE, JUST DON'T MARRY A GAY PERSON or WHY FALSE PROPHETS AND OTHER MISGUIDED "CHRISTIANS" ARE WRONG ON GAY MARRIAGE
This is an updated article from a spiritual political book I wrote, which will be released after the comedy books.
Chelsea Handler: "I have never been more proud of my LGBT friends and the beautiful families they're raising —- and I think it's time we all do what we can to get them equal rights already. "
My sister is gay, and she never made a choice, but that’s beside the point. The marriage contract is a private contract between two individuals. How does it hurt anyone to let two souls honor their monogamy by allowing them the sanctity and dignity of marriage, as other human beings have a right to? Isn’t this in the Bill of Rights? I am heartsick at the bigotry I see in America today. I can’t believe my sister may never have the same rights I have! And furthermore, according to Suze Orman — as it stands now, civil unions do not permit the transfer of a deceased person's estate to the partner. Next of "kin" is first in line.
Sorry this article was so long and repetitive. I had no idea I had pasted four articles together. This was a glitch. I removed the second half.
Thank you to: