We are in Yahoo News as WXB102 adds our Vegas radio show to their lineup, the award-winning Basham and Cornell Show. Below I've posted the Mp3 links to a few of our recent interviews with John Edwards, Bill Press, Pulitzer Prize winner Charlie Savage, Pat Buchanan, Valerie Bertinelli...
QUICK GUEST UPDATE:
On Wednesday June 11, 2008, Pat Buchanan, America's most famous traditional conservative and author of the new book Churchill, Hitler and the Unnecessary War will be the guest on The Basham and Cornell Show at 8 am Pacific Time on AM 1230 KLAV in Las Vegas, and worldwide on the web. We’ll have him for the entire hour. If you missed Vincent Bugliosi on Monday's show, you can get the podcast in our archives.
Please leave a comment and tell us what you think: Whom should Obama pick as his running mate? Clinton, Edwards, Gore, Richardson, Biden, Strickland, Jim Webb, Wesley Clark, Caroline Kennedy? This election is the most important election of our time. This blog officially endorses OBAMA for President. After hearing James W. Douglass on our show — and his stunning book on the "Unspeakable" — I am convinced more than ever that we can't afford another war president. As a continuation of the Bush presidency, John McCain will promote perpetual war and "many more wars." McCain will draft our young sons into war. McCain is part of the Military Industrial Complex, and believes that U.S. imperialism and war are America's biggest industries.
A lie sometimes travels half way around the world while the truth is putting its socks on — but Truth always wins.
Unless you want to see the end of America, we must vote in a peacemaker who wants to not only talk to our enemies to avoid nuclear annihilation but who can unite opposing forces within our own party too. I believe Obama supporters should should put aside their hatred of Hillary and consider this urgent question: Can she help us win? Obama can bring Hillary supporters over and unite all of us who love America and love our troops so dearly.
We are in Breaking: Yahoo News as WXB102 adds our Vegas radio show to their lineup, the award-winning Basham and Cornell Show. Below I've posted the Mp3 links to a few of our recent interviews with John Edwards, Bill Press, Pulitzer Prize winner Charlie Savage, Pat Buchanan, Valerie Bertinelli...
In the audio archives of you can listen to over 150 interviews with movers, shakers, political leaders, celebrities, bestselling authors and pundits.
The Basham and Cornell Show broadcasts weekday mornings at 8 am Pacific (11 a.m. Eastern) on KLAV 1230 AM Radio live in Las Vegas. Again, all shows are simulcast worldwide on the Internet (and archived) and can be listened to at Basham and Cornell Radio If you've missed our show, check out the audio archives.
Tuesday June 3, we are honored to have James W. Douglass on our show. He is the leading North American Theologian of peace and the author of JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why it Matters Robert Ellsberg, whose company, Orbis books, published this book said, “This is simply one of the most significant books I have published—or read--in the past twenty years. It is a courageous analysis of the story behind JFK's death that is as terrifying in its exposé of the dark shadows of American history as it is inspiring in describing the challenge and risks of peacemaking.”
FREEDOM FROM FEAR
I am on a diet, but not the normal kind. It's called the "Seven Day Mental Diet" of only thinking the most uplifting, visionary thoughts of a better world. I know for a fact that our thoughts create our reality for I've seen this in action. I know this sounds crazy to a lot of you but I've been having "miracles" for many years now — manifesting abundance and experiencing physical healings — and I haven't been ready to share all this until now. It seems this blog has attracted an audience of doubters, pessimists and earth-bound thinkers who are mired in the material world. But to transcend the darkness, you merely need to stop looking so closely at the problem. Look away from your problems, worries and fears. Remove your attention from them. Focus on the beautiful, the good and the chocolate. The key to joy, peace and happiness is hidden in plain sight.
If you are deep in fear or worry about the economy, the presidential election or the state of the world — relax, leg to — and you will be amazed. Financial, health and emotional insecurity is simply life's way of getting your attention. If you focus on the good in your life, no matter how small — if you focus on the tiniest thing to be grateful for, you'll expand the goodness in your life. You wil absolutely attract wealth, good luck and blessings. It works like clockwork. "Where your heart is, there is where your treasure is."
Good always wins sooner or later. We have to change our thought about the world, about America and about peace on earth. No lie has real power. Only the truth does. The truth is tangible. It exists in the universe; it has substance, reality. A lie cannot exist without the truth. It has to ride on truth's back. A lie sometimes travels half way around the world while the Truth is putting its socks on — but truth always wins. A lie has no reality of its own. We all know who the liars and deceivers are, don't we?
The only thing we have to stay away from is fear. Fear is an acronym for "false evidence appearing real." We attract what we fear: more fear. Do not worry about anything. Embrace the good that is coming.
"Great men are they who see that spiritual is stronger than any material force; that thoughts rule the world." – Ralph Waldo Emerson
And Shakespeare said, "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
No matter what is happening in the economy or in the world, good is everywhere and the more we focus on it, the larger and more evident it becomes. In fact, if you drown out fearful thoughts by replacing them with loving thoughts — your entire world will change. Just watch.
Here are the steps to creating abundance in your life: health, wealth, love, charity, blessings:
1. Wake up each day and say "Thank you" for this day. Find something to be grateful for. Is the sun shining? Can you see? I have a friend who cannot see, yet she wakes up everyday and manages to take a walk and get through her day only seeing the fuzzy outline of people. She has to fold her
$5 dollar bills in such a way that she knows it is not a $20 dollar bill she is handing to the cab driver. Each day is a challenge, yet she lives alone and has learned to use a cane to walk across the street.
2. No matter what is going on in your life, if you focus only on the good, good will come to you. Good will become all you see.
3. LESS REALLY IS MORE. No matter what economic hardship is going on in your life, it can be a turning point for good. Sometimes you have to "lose your life to save it" — meaning you have to lose your dependence on material things in order to find your true soul. Believe it or not, this is a spiritual or "thought" universe. Try to grasp for one moment that life is not material, but is spiritual. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. Everything starts with 'thought.' Nothing was ever invented without a thought to precede it. Thomas Edison persisted in over 6,000 failed trials to get electricity to flow through a wire. In this digital world we are communicating by wireless energy -- our thoughts are merging faster and faster. There is less dependence on clunky hardware. Relationships are more important than ever. Love is really the most powerful force in the universe.
4. LEAP AND THE NET WILL APPEAR. This is important. If you relax, fall back, LET GO! Trust in the goodness of the universe... I guarantee that the invisible hand of charity will pick you up and help you. There are countless kind souls on this earth doing Love's work, and you will absolutely be taken care of if you let go of fear, worry and strife.
5. TAKE YOUR FOCUS OFF THE PROBLEM, breathe deeply, realize what you thought would kill you didn't. Buddhists have a philosophy of "breathing in deeply and feeling your deepest fear or pain." And realize it didn't kill you. Step out of the human race belief. Wear the world as a loose garment.
Don't buy into what they're selling: fear, disease, hardship.
6. THINK OF OTHERS FIRST. "Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others!" One of my favorite books is MANS SEARCH FOR MEANING by Viktor Frankl, who overcame concentration camp torture through the power of his mind. This is a universe of thought. Thought is energy and it is swift (too bad those lying 'Boat Veterans' forever ruined the word 'swift' for me, which just proves I am too much a victim of my thought.)
7. WAKE UP! Become conscious. Turn off the TV. Use your imagination and get in touch with your childlike spirit. Here's the Catch 22: what you think about all day long, is what you become; what you focus on grows. So if you're thinking about how bad the world is, or how afraid you are of the future, or how much you lack, you will get exactly what you are thinking about. If your mind is full of fear, so you will experience fear, lack and hardship.
Whatever is good, true and beautiful — if we think on these things we will bring these into our life in proportion to our thoughts. Our thoughts create our reality.
I have the profound sense that we can touch God everyday when we are loving to others, especially those who offend us and disturb us, and especially those less fortunate. Have you seen someone's face light up with just one kind word?
McClellan tell-all confirms enormity of Bush's deceit
Mercury News Editorial
The tight circle of George Bush defenders is shrinking into a black hole. But some light escaped this week with the release of former press secretary Scott McClellan's memoir, "What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington's Culture of Deception."
Loyalists like former Bush adviser Karl Rove attacked McClellan as a Judas on the make. But it doesn't really matter if a fat book advance heightened McClellan's qualms of conscience for having been a spinner of deceit. Coming from an insider and a one-time member of Bush's Texas "family," McClellan's portrait of a shallow president who deceived the nation into war rings true.
McClellan says Bush was determined after Sept. 11 to overthrow Saddam Hussein. Suspicions of weapons of mass destruction were a pretext for neo-conservatives' true agenda: a fantasy vision of democratizing the Mideast.
McClellan was the mouthpiece for what he now calls a "political propaganda" campaign to sell the war. Profiting from remorse may not be admirable, but for the country, it's better than staying silent.
I commend Scott McClellan for gaining a conscience and being unable to live with the lies staring him in the face. He did what any good human being would do. His bombshell book about the secret inner workings of the Bush-Cheney-Rove cabal, the media propaganda and the treasonous leaking of CIA agent Valerie Plame Wilson, does not shock any of us. We hope it wakes up the American public to what is really going on.
Lydia Cornell Interviews World Leaders, Presidential Candidates, And Pulitzer Prize Winners for New Radio Show Co-hosts new Las Vegas radio show about politics and celebrity, signs with renowned literary agency for upcoming books.
Read more at... Yahoo! News
You can click on these MP3s to listen to a few of our recent shows, or download the podcasts:
Lydia Cornell - John Edwards interview:
John Edwards Interview
Pat Buchanan interview:
Pat Buchanan Interview
NBC Tel Aviv Bureau Chief Martin Fletcher interview:
NBC Tel Aviv Bureau Chief Martin Fletcher Interview
Bill Press interview:
Bill Press Interview
Valerie Bertinelli interview:
Valerie Bertinelli Interview
Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Charlie Savage:
Charlie Savage Interview Charlie’s new book is titled, “Takeover: The Return of the Imperial Presidency and the Subversion of American Democracy.”